Responsive Web Design: Step By Step Guide To Get Top 10 Rankings On Mobile Searches
Today, more than half of the internet users access the world’s digital resources from smartphones and tablets. Hence, search engines have also started ranking websites on the basis of mobile “viewability” and user experience.
It is very important to use responsive web design in order to get top ranking on mobile searches with it.
Offline conversions are becoming increasingly important as well which is why you must learn how to rank in Google Search to get traffic from search queries that aren’t directly typed into a browser.
The good news is that now it is easier than ever before to get your website mobile-friendly and build a strong online presence using responsive web design for mobile SEO. This article will point you in the right direction so that you can start implementing responsive design principles on your site today!
What is Responsive Web Design?
Responsive web design is a web design approach aimed at crafting sites that deliver an optimal viewing experience across multiple devices. Responsive web designs adjusts the layout, appearance, and behaviour of a website to fit a wide range of screen sizes without requiring the user to shift their focus from one device to another.
Responsive web design is based on CSS media queries, which are inbuilt features that can be used by any frontend developer or designer to dynamically alter the layouts of their websites. In order to get your website mobile-friendly and rank well on mobile searches with responsive web design, here are some tips that you can follow:
- Use a single page layout.
- Set your optimised design to cater for devices with different resolution, between 280px (phones) 800px (tablet portrait mode) and 1240px (tablet landscape mode) wide.
- Make all your navigation go above the fold.
- Use version numbers in your favicon URL (Ex: “v1”).
- Optimize images for retina displays.
- Reduce loading time for visitors by minimizing HTTP requests and using CSS animations when possible.
- Choose a font size that is 100% of the default browser zoom level (Ex: 16px).
Google’s New Change in Search Algorithm (rinse repeat)
Google has taken a major step toward improving the mobile user experience by changing their search algorithm. With this change, Google will now rank websites that are optimized for mobile devices at a higher priority than those that aren’t.
In order to be perceived as a mobile-friendly site, your website must meet these three criteria:
- It should load quickly on all devices.
- It should use smaller fonts and images in order to view better on lower resolution screens.
- It should use responsive design principles so that it looks good on any device.
How To Get Top 10 Rankings On Mobile Searches?
There are a few things that you have to be aware of when you’re trying to get top 10 rankings on mobile searches.
1) Mobile-Friendly Design – As the name suggests, one of the most important aspects is designing your site with a mobile-friendly design. You will have to ensure that your website is built in such a way as to make it easy for people to fully enjoy its content on their smartphones and tablets. This means not just optimizing your website for specific devices but making sure that it also looks good on different screen sizes.
2) Responsive Web Design – The second important factor is responsive web design which makes websites accessible and usable across all devices. With responsive web design, the content adapts and changes based on the dimensions of the device that it’s being viewed from. You can use CSS media queries in order to create layouts that are optimized for different screen sizes using fluid grids.
3) Optimise For Mobile Searches – It’s very important now more than ever before to rank for mobile searches as a lot of users look for things directly on their smartphones and tablets without going through a desktop browser first. In fact, 71 percent of smartphone and tablet users search directly from their handheld devices without going through a desktop browser first according to Google Search trends report 2018.
4) Create a sitemap – You should also create a sitemap to help search engines index your content more efficiently. Finally, make sure to optimize your site for mobile with responsive web design principles in order to get top 10 rankings on mobile searches!
Improving User Experience while Website is loading
One of the most critical elements of a responsive web design is the speed at which a website loads. This is because users are impatient and they will leave your site if they are not satisfied with how quickly it loads.
Here are some great tips to improve load times:
-First, use CSS files that load last in order to avoid loading multiple CSS files that can slow your site down.
-Finally, use compression tools like gzip on images and minification tools like uglifyjs to reduce the size of your files before loading them into the browser.
It’s important to have an optimized website in order to rank well on Google Search and deliver a great user experience. Fortunately, responsive web design is a great way to create websites that are fast and easy to navigate while also ranking well on Google Search!
Now that you know what responsive web design is and how to optimize your website for mobile search, you can finally get started with implementing responsive web design on your website.
With the right tools, you can take your website to the next level and get it ranked better for mobile searches!